Re: Help connecting JDeveloper 3.0 to Oracle8i through JDBC

From: Swahanaga <sfinkelman_at_cncdsl.com>
Date: 27 Nov 1999 00:28:28 PST

This may help..

Oracle thin doesn't talk with sql plus. It talks dietctly to the listener. Try using the instance name of the oracle database instead of a net service name.

you may also want to check and see that the driver package is pointed to by the default project file.
do that by the menu.. tools.. default project properties.. paths.. and add the library.

add the library by clicking on libraries, then pick your library or click on new.
if you click on new, you name the library, and add the paths to the classes, source and doc

Steven finkelman,
ideas llc.