Re: PL/SQL tables

From: <pbolduc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:46:59 GMT

If your procedure is in a package, your could 'overload' your procedure such as:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE pkg_test AS

PROCEDURE test;
PROCEDURE test(a_table IN table_type);

END pkg_test;

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY pkg_test AS PROCEDURE test AS
 dummy_table table_type;
BEGIN
 test(dummy);
END; PROCEDURE test(a_table IN table_type) AS BEGIN
END; END pkg_test;

Phil Bolduc

In article <81mial$m0n$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ironbeak_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Oracle 7. For the parameters to a PL/SQL procedure I
can
> set varchar2, pls_integer, etc to default NULL so I don't have to pass
> that parameter to the procedure. Is there a equivilent for the table
> datatype or a way to get the same behavior? If yes, how do I do
this?

> for example in
>
> procedure test (
> iprocID in varchar2 default NULL <-- anyway to do this for
> a table
> );
>
> Any answer (yes/No) would be appreaciated.
>
> Thanks for your time
> Jan
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 26 1999 - 16:46:59 CST