Integrity Constraint

From: Ceri <cerit_at_teleordnospamplease.co.uk>
Date: 26 Nov 1999 16:03:37 GMT

Hi,

I need to check that a valid entry is being made to a field in a table. I am running Oracle 8.0.4

The field is a varchar2(11) and the data should be exactly 10 characters long, the first 9 being numeric and the last character may be numeric or a character.
Unfortunately, checking this at the client application is not an option. The checking needs to be done by the database.

Could anyone give me an idea of how to achieve this please.

TIA
Ceri
--
*- Ceri -*
** The views expressed here are entirely my own. ** To reply by e-mail, remove nospamplease from address. Received on Fri Nov 26 1999 - 10:03:37 CST