Re: What is pragma restrict refrences

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:51:37 -0500

A copy of this was sent to Anurag <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:51:49 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I have come across the statement pragma restrict refrences. what does
>that mean?

it is in the manuals but a short explaination is

This is called the purity of a function/procedure. If a function is pure enough, it can be called from sql. If it is not, it cannot be. If you tell us a function is "WNDS, WNPS" via the pragma restrict_references directive but when we compile the body we discover otherwise the compilation fails.

>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Anurag
>
>also reply at
>anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com
>

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Nov 26 1999 - 07:51:37 CST