how to install listener, tnsnames on win98

From: Mauro Stevanin <mauro.stevanin_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 19:25:17 +0100

Hi everybody,

I installed the Personnal edition of Oracle 8 on my Pc, running Win98. The default DB is well installed, but I have no idea of how to configure the listener and tnsnames (I tried to do it with Net8 Easy Config, but didn't work). I don't even know if I can have them running on win98, as they are services and I was told we can't have services on win98.

I'd like to lunch Enterprise Manager, but to do so net services are required (listener, tnsnames).

I'm completly lost with all this stuff. Can anyone help me ? Any input is wellcome.

Thanks in advance.

Mauro Stevanin
mauro.stevanin_at_bluewin.ch Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 12:25:17 CST