Re: When creating a Oracle 8.1.5 DB... what scripts ???

From: DET <NotValidBecauseOfSpammers_at_ipipeline.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:04:16 GMT

James Belton wrote in message <81hf4n$1tt$1_at_gxsn.com>...
>You could try the Oracle 8 installation guide.....
>
>The files should be located in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms80/admin

God, I hate glib dismissive answers. First, if you can find a list of the scripts that need to be run for different functionalities, in the installation manual, do feel free to post the *exact* page to this ng. Second, my installation of 8i has 336 scripts in admin. Do you seriously think they all have to be explicitly run?

For the original poster, here are the scripts that *I* run when creating a db. This is not definitive, merely what works for me.

as internal:

admin/catalog.sql
admin/catproc.sql
admin/catblock.sql
admin/dbmspool.sql
admin/dbmssql.sql

as system:

admin/catdbsyn.sql
admin/pupbld.sql

There are others you need to run if you want to do replication, etc. Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 10:04:16 CST