Re: An OCP Exam question: V$RECENT_BUCKET?

From: Doug Coan <dcoan_at_aegonusa.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:05:48 GMT

Also - as an afterthought.....
almost everything relative to performance and tuning oracle is debatable. If you read some of the books about P&T you will see the authors contridicting not only each other, but themselves on what is best from chapter to chapter, version to version. On several issues, I tend to have my own views that deviate from everything they or oracle recommends that have been varified as valid selected DBs in our environment. I have found that Oracle likes to implement a new whizbang feature/parameter/method in one release and then take it away in the next dot point version. Frustrating......

--
Doug Coan
Senior Client Server System Integrator

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 14:05:48 CST