{URGENT} SQL Loader Help!!

From: Billy Collins <billy_collins_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:27:35 GMT

Hi,

I would like to know how one uses the SQLLDR80 utility from the command line. When I try to use it, I get the following error:

ORA-12203: TNS: Unable to connect to destination SQL*Loader-704: Internal Error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach[-1]

What could be the problem here? Actually its a bit perplexing to me..how does one use SQLLDR80 to understand which Database you wish to connect to? Can I specifically specify it in the command line prompt (MSDOS)? I tried this:

sqlldr80 userid_at_databasename control=mine.ctl log=mine.log
---

and got this on the screen:

---

User Password:

After I entered the correct password, it gave me the error again!

My userID and password work from the SQLPLUS and Net8 (TEST), and also from Visual basic and Powerbuilder..

Why not from the command line?

Please help!!!!

Thanks very much in advance..

Cheers
Billy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 06:27:35 CST