cant delete and reuse an SID on NT4.0

From: Saugato Mukerji <Mukerji.Saugato.S_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:09:19 +1100

hi

half way through a database create using "database Configuration assistant" it was realised that the installation was being done on the wrong drive.

We cancelled the database create and ran the "database Configuration assistant" again however this time it refused to let us use the same SID SALES1 as before.

We noticed there was a OracleServiceSALES in the Control Panel - Services

We used "database Configuration assistant" again to delete the database SALES1 which was recognised.

However this did not solve the problem. Attemptede to remove entries to SALES1 in the registry and was
not allowed to do so.

The platform was 8.1.5 on NT4.0

short of reinstalling 8.1.5 on NT again does anybody have a simpler solution.

thanks

Saugato Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 00:09:19 CST