Re: Transaction Isolation Level Serializable Problems

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:35:06 -0000

This sounds as if you need to review your strategy. You shouldn't have a lot of active interfering transactions on a Data Warehouse.

The locking problems are probably nothing to do with the serializable transactions, as such.

The failure rate of the serializable transactions MAY be reduced by increasing the INITRANS value on all the tables which are involved.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk