Re: Create rollback segment question

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:43:35 GMT

It appears that your block size is 2k. I think the issue is with your MINEXTENTS setting. Consider:

when creating your rollback segment with an initial extent size of 100k, a next extent size of 100k, and a minextents setting of 20, you are allocating a total of 2 MB of space (20 * 100k = 20 * 102400 = 2048000).  As soon as the rollback segment is created the 2 MB of disk space is allocated. Now, also consider your optimal setting. You specified an optimal rollback size of 100k, compared to your total initial size of 2M. Your rollback cannot automatically shrink below it's initial size, therefore the optimal setting in this instance is invalid. Since a rollback segment can never shrink to less than 2 extents, try resizing the optimal setting to at least (initial + next) and running again.

HTH,
Roy

In article <NLx_3.100$U77.426_at_client>,
  "andres" <andres_valdes_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody:
>
> I created a tablesegment using the following command:
>
> create tablespace rbs
> datafile '/fs4/oradata/prod/rbs01.dbf' size 100M
> minimum extent 500k
> default storage (initial 500K next 500K
> maxextents 500 pctincrease 0);
>
> Now I want to create a rollback segment using this other command:
>
> create rollback segment r01
> tablespace rbs
> storage ( initial 100K next 100K
> minextents 20
> maxextents 30
> optimal 100K );
>
> But all I got is an error saying this:
> ORA-01593: rollback segment optimal size (50 blks) is smaller than the
> computed
> initial size (1000 blks)
>
> Why it says that the computed initial size is 1000 blks if I defined
as 100K
> and why it says that optimal is 50 blks when I am defining it as 100K?
>
> Could somebody, please, explain these gloomy things to me?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> andres

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 12:43:35 CST