Moving datafiles

From: Paul Roberts <proberts_at_raindrop.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:37:41 -0000

I believe Oracle 7.3.3 does not allow you to move datafiles only 7.3.4 and above do.
However the full command I use is:
log in to oracle as system via server manager type in
select * from dba_data_files;
to find out what the tablespace is called I think the Oracle default is user_data
alter tablespace user_data offline;
copy the file to the new location
alter tablespace rename datafile 'a' to 'b'; alter tablespace user_data online;
select * from dba_data_files;
to check to see if it has worked.
This should work, it does work for me.