Logon through ODBC to Oracle with construct login/password in UserID field in ODBC Data Source.

From: Karol Kowalski <Karol.Kowalski_at_finskog.com.pl>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:53:11 +0100

I have problem with logon through ODBC. I work with application that not open logon dialog box (Oracle8 ODBC Driver Connect dialog). I think I must define ODBC Data Source
with default UserID and default password. (I think about something like login/password). I have define properly service name. I can connect to databse through MSAccess but only with logon dialog. I can connnect to database through another Oracle Client Products for example SQL Worksheet or Schema Manager sending 'login/password' as User Name and nothing as Password. That works correctly!

I have prepared ODBC data source with default settings and in field UserID I writing
login/password and in field Sevice properly service name. If I try connect to database i recive error "ORA-01005 Null password given; Logon denied"! Why?

How can I solve this problem? Is that possible?

Thanks