Forms 4.5 - Alerts.....

From: KRM <malleykr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:45:55 GMT

Hello.

I would like to display an alert to the user. I know how to create alerts and display them. However, I am unsure if the message text can be dynamic or not. I want to display a message telling the user how many records have been selected. I have this number in a global variable. Is there any way to put this into the alert so that the message that appears might be something like:

You have selected X records.

Where X is the global variable? The only thing I seem to be able to find about messages is that they have to be characters. It seems that I cannot display a message that would give the number of records. I know I can use the message procedure to display a message, but I want to use an alert button so I can have both an OK and a Cancel button. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Kristen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 10:45:55 CST