Re: Can Oracle8 for NetWare talk to 7.3.3 client applications?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:04:22 GMT

Installing sqlnet on the Netware server should set up a listener that the client can connect to...Any SqlNet client can connect to the listener, regardless of the OS that the listener is on...We have Oracle8( and 7.3.x) on Netware, Unix and NT and clients running NT, W95,98 Unix and all can connect to any database server...

So install SqlNet on the Oracle 8 server ( it will be Net8 - that's OK, a SqlNet 2 client can still connect) and SqlNet 2 on the client machines - configure the TNSNAMES.ORA on the client with the connect info based on the Listener.ora file on the server...

hth,
John Greco