Create rollback segment question

From: andres <andres_valdes_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:05:08 -0500

Hi everybody:

I created a tablesegment using the following command:

create tablespace rbs
datafile '/fs4/oradata/prod/rbs01.dbf' size 100M minimum extent 500k
default storage (initial 500K next 500K maxextents 500 pctincrease 0);

Now I want to create a rollback segment using this other command:

create rollback segment r01

     tablespace rbs
     storage ( initial 100K next 100K
           minextents 20
           maxextents 30
           optimal 100K );

But all I got is an error saying this:
ORA-01593: rollback segment optimal size (50 blks) is smaller than the computed
initial size (1000 blks)

Why it says that the computed initial size is 1000 blks if I defined as 100K and why it says that optimal is 50 blks when I am defining it as 100K?

Could somebody, please, explain these gloomy things to me?

Thanks and regards,
andres Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 07:05:08 CST