New TO ORACLE ( Cant connect to Database)

From: Will Fran <aschimount_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:29:43 -0000

Hi

I'm about to start studying for my OCP from home: Application Developer.

Problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help.

First, the company I work for brought NetWare 5 which comes with Oracle 8 server & client.
Install the Oracle 8 server on NetWare 5 & the client on my laptop seem ok but I cant connect to the database on the server.

Would like to know how to connect SQL * Plus 8.0.3 for a Session to start my SQL course work

Server IP Address 10.10.21.2
Server Name : SRLNW5

Starter DataBase:

Name of ORACLE
System Identifier (SID) of ORCL
INTERNAL DBA password that I entered: ORACLE

PS: As stated in installation notes !!!!!!!!!!!!! Data base seem ok on the server.
Install Client from CD.

Workstation IP Address: 10.10.21.3
Install Enterprise Manager & Oracle for NT.

Also Install a copy of ORACLE DEVELOPER/2000 on another workstation still wont connect.

PS. Is this a old version ( SQL Plus 3.3) .

Guys is the above the right route to follow: Developer /2000 seem to be version SQL Plus 3.3 but the version with netware 5 is 8.0.3.

Regards

Will Fran Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 20:29:43 CST