HELP - Insert value date format needed

From: DF <donell17_at_gte.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 01:08:07 GMT

Hello All,

I'm new to Oracle and can't locate the syntax for inserting data into a date field. Will someone help me out please? I've tried various combinations of insert into birthday values (1-1-1970); with no luck. I looked in the online help but can't locate this simple command.

Thanks,

Donell Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 19:08:07 CST