INIT.ORA - UTL_FILE_DIR parameter...

From: Michael Rosadino <mrosadino_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:26:29 -0600

Hey Folks:
  Can you tell me what needs to be done to change the setting for the UTL_FILE_DIR initialization parameter? As I understand it, this parameter requires a database shutdown under version 8.0.4. Unfortunately, I can't seem to shut down the database using my "SYS" or "SYSTEM" user accounts due to "insufficient privileges" so I must use the "internal/password" login to do so through the command line server manager, i.e., SVRMGR30. So I shut down using this user account. But then the problem becomes that of changing the parameter setting, and using the Enterprise Instance manager I'm not able to connect using the "internal/password" login so therefore I can't change the parameter setting. So what is the solution? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Michael Rosadino
Email (w): mrosadino_at_med-ecom.com
Email (h): mrosadino_at_yahoo.com Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 19:26:29 CST