Forms 4.5 - Counting Query Hits

From: KRM <malleykr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:35:32 GMT

Hello.

I am using Forms 4.5. I have a form that is calling a report. The report is based on the query that has been run in the form. My users want to be alerted if the report they are about to generate is going to be excessively long (it can be over 1000 pages if they query all records and then tell it to print the corresponding report). My best guess of how to do this is to count the hits of the query (either before, during or after it executes, it doesn't really matter), and then when/if they run the report, I can use this value in an if statement to determine whether I should display an alert.

Does anyone have a good way of doing this? I've seen the count_query (or something like that) procedure, but I can't seem to get it in the right place. If someone could offer me some advice on how to implement this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
KRM Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 14:35:32 CST