Foreign Key constraints

From: <jdefreitas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:37:27 GMT

Hi all.

My project leader has decided to disable the foreign key constraing property in our Oracle 8.0.5 DB. This means that the value of a primary key in the parent table can now be different from the foreign key value in the child table. Needless to say, this isn't a Good Thing.

He's asked me to write a script that will basically scan the tables, and check referential integrity. I'm a little stumped by this request - does anyone have an idea of how this could be done using PL/SQL? Thanks.

John G. de Freitas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 11:37:27 CST