Legato changing time?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:11:20 GMT

I have run across a curious problem that I'm hoping someone has seen before. On some of our databases, we are using Legato to backup our datafiles. We have Legato run the dbshut script to bring down the databases. Legato then backs up the datafiles. When complete, Legato runs the dbstart script to bring the databases back up. We decided to try it this way rather than have cron stop and start the db's.

Now for the problem. If I have TWO_TASK set, when I query SYSDATE, it returns a time exactly six hours more than our Local time. If I unset TWO_TASK, SYSDATE returns the local time. Has anyone experienced this problem before? If so, what was your resolution?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 11:11:20 CST