Re: Very New to ORACLE

From: Tarek Zeineddine <garfield_at_cyberia.net.lb>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:26:50 GMT

I can see what you mean, and this is what i want to avoid... I know for certain that they will need to perform statistical queries and compare years,etc... Anyway, the only oracle books i have are the ORACLE DBA COURSE, they mention a few things about Partitioned tables, and how you can assign each partition to a diffrent tablespace... now, i have 2 questions:

1- how do i make a table a partitioned table... i read the whole chapter on Managing tables but they do not give an exmaple. They talk about special commands to manage partitions, but they do not list them!

2- Since each partition can occupy a diffrent tablespace, could i at one point make one of those tablespaces readonly while leaving the others unchanged?

Thank you in advance

Tarek