Re: OCP Question (3)

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:00:24 GMT

According to the Oracle8 SQL Reference, "A number can store a maximum of 38 digits of precision." If you do not specify a precision, it defaults to 38. I believe this to be true for Oracle7 as well. So the correct answer should be '38'. It is not listed in any of the answers you supplied. But as written below, the create table statement will cause an error due to syntax. The correct syntax should be:

   CREATE TABLE doctor (

     dr_id NUMBER,
     first_name CHAR(15),
     last_name CHAR(15));