Re: Very New to ORACLE

From: Multifarious <multifarious_at_nospamhome.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 13:38:35 GMT

Tarek,

For really good information on General Oracle DBA obtain a copy of the Oracle DBA Handbook by Loney. This book describes all the basics of an Oracle database and give pointers on proper design. Once you have the basics, look for specific references on Data warehousing in Oracle. Several books have been written, but I can't come up with titles or Authors right now.

Perhaps others can give you pointers on warehouse specific articles and other DBA info as well.

Good luck with the project.