Re: Oracle 8.0.5 XA library

From: <picaboicu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:29:32 GMT

I spoke to Oracle about the XA libraries. I am having the same problem with IRIX 6.5, and 8.0.5 (64bit). Aparently Oracle decided to drop the XA support at Version 8. From talking to them, I don't think there was any intention of even doing a replacement. All of the code that was being compiled against this was 32 bit, so I copied the libraries I need to the appropriate spot, and then the compile worked, the app hasn't been tested yet though. Sorry not much help.

Regards
Bart Metzger

In article <80etpu$2qq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   huang0503_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> In Oracle7.3.4, there is a libxa.a in lib/
directory, what is
> equvivanent xa lib in Oracle8.0.5, I found there
is two lib:
> rdbms/lib/xaonsl.o, rdbms/lib/xaondy.o, can I
interpret them as xa
> static link lib, and dynamic link lib
respectively. If this is true,
> which one should I use to compile a TM for
Tuxedo64 in HP11.0? Or
> anyone successfully boot up a Tuxedo BB with
this combination: Tuxedo64
> + Oracle8.0.5 + HP11.0? The XA I built always
failt start up.

> Thanks
>
> Wei Huang
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 14:29:32 CST