DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT

From: <jwagans4053_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:06:41 GMT

Hello ...

I submit a job to run nightly... when I check sys.dba_jobs; it appears to be running. the procedure it submits is in the same package as the submit proc. However the submitted proc does not perform what it is designed to do. I have ran it on its own and it runs fine . the cmd Im using for the submit proc is as follows:

EXEC PA_PURGE_TIME_RECORDS.SP_SUBMIT_TIME_PURGE_JOB the code is this:

v_run_date DATE := TRUNC(SYSDATE) + (22+30/60)/24; -- 1030pm

 DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(v_JobNum,                 -- Return of job number
                'SP_DELETE_TIME_RECORDS;',   -- Procedure to submit
                   v_run_date,               -- Next date/time to run
                   'sysdate + 1');           -- Interval

any suggestions ??

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 13:06:41 CST