perl DBD::Oracle

From: Chris Collins <cpcollin_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:11:15 -0500

I'm writing a perl script that needs to be able to connect to oracle. The script I have now connects to Oracle and I can access all that I need to when I run it from the command prompt. When I run it through a browser, I have problems connecting. In my script I set environment variables ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID but I think I have something configured wrong. The error that shows up in my web server log looks like this:

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/alpha-dec_osf/auto/ DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: dlopen: cannot load
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_p

erl/alpha-dec_osf/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.00404/Dyn
aLoader.pm line 166

I tried to set an env var LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the script to include the directories of the files it couldn't open. After doing this, the script no longer worked from the shell either.
I have looked at the permissions of everything and they seem to check out alright, I'm not sure how to proceed.

You can contact me at cpcollin_at_wam.umd.edu

Thanks

Chris Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 13:11:15 CST