Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux and an ORA-06413 Error

From: Neil Yetman <nyetman_at_platogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:38:27 -0330

Hi everyone, just going through the hell known as installing Oracle on a Linux box, and I've hit a snag. (Not the first, but the first I haven't been able to work my way through.) I've gone through all the steps in two different install guides I've found on the internet (http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue67/3572.html and http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/rh6x.html). When I get to the very end, it asks you to start Server Manager and shutdown the instance. But when I start Server Manager by typing in svrmgrl at the Linux prompt, Server Manager opens and I get the error ORA-06413: Connection not open. Anyone know why this might be happening, and a solution to my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Neil Yetman Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 07:08:27 CST