Re: help wanted: Oracle, Apache and PHP

From: Timur I.Danyarhojaev <tid_at_podolsk.ru>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:18:00 +0300

hong zhao wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have Oracle 8.1.5, Apache 1.3.9 and PHP 3.0.12 installed
> on Redhat Linux 6.1. However it seems they can not work
> together. The PHP works fine with Apache server, but it cannot
> access Oracle database. Anybody has any idea about what is
> going wrong with my configuration? Please help if you can. My email
> address is zhao_123_at_yahoo.com. Your help will be greatly
> appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Hong Zhao

    You must rebuild mod_php3 from source files with `--with-oracle' option, or
find binary packages with this options. I have only 3.0.9:

mod_php3-3.0.9-3omy.i386.rpm
mod_php3-imap-3.0.9-3omy.i386.rpm
mod_php3-manual-3.0.9-3omy.i386.rpm
mod_php3-3.0.9-3omy.src.rpm

or 4.02b:

mod_php4-4.0b2-3omy.i386.rpm
mod_php4-manual-4.0b2-3omy.i386.rpm
mod_php4-4.0b2-1omy.src.rpm

RPMS and SRPMS for RedHat-6.0 Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 04:18:00 CST