Re: Bugs in Oracle 8.0.5 and ADO?

From: Duncan Chilvers <duncanc_at_ukf.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:35:27 -0000

Are you using ODBC or OLE DB? It may make a difference.

I have been working on an Oracle 8.05 database with ADO and VB, and the only problem I have had so far is that I can't get the OLE DB (MSDAORA) to work with Net8, and have to configure good ol' SQL*Net to get the thing to connect.

There seems to be serious lack of documentation on ADO (and ADO with Oracle in particular) with VB and I have no idea on where to go to find out how to use Net8 with the OLEDB.