Re: Windows NT Server vs Windows NT Server Enterprise version

From: Stefan Rudolph-Klindtwort <StefanRudolph-Klindtwort_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:24:19 +0100

If you want to enhance the performance, you should think about the following configuration :
2 Server :

    1 Domainserver for Login, Applications and other Services     1 Dedicated Database-Server

This configuration avoid lot of possible bottlenecks !!

Pearapon S. <pearapon_at_ksc.th.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 80mog5$o3a$1_at_news.ksc.co.th...
> Dear All,
> WE are planning to use Windows NT Server and Oracle DB to
handle
> Client/Server Applications.
> The NT Server will have to handle about 80-90 users concurrently via
> Oracle's Client/Server Applications.
> 1) What should we use "Windows NT Server" Standard version or
> Enterprise version to handle these workload ?
> 2) What types of CPUs (Speed and number ) and memory should we
> use for the Server ?
> 3) Do we need to buy Speciall version of Oracle to handle
these