Re: simple questions

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 18 Nov 1999 21:52:44 GMT

Alan -
The clue here is FUNCTION. A function must be used to return a value so
  DECLARE
    v_val number;
  BEGIN
    v_val := package_a.function_a(....); /* put your parameters where the dots are */
  END;
The above assumes the funtion returns a number. If it returns a character string then v_val would be defined appropriately. Just to be complete about this - if you want to call a procedure it would be -

   package_a.procedure_b(....);
functions can also be used in SQL just exactly as you'd use to_char or any of the other build in functions. Good Luck,
Becca

> Hi, all,
>
> I would have a few simple questions to ask.
> How to call a function within a pl/sql package in SQLPlus ??
> and how to display the return value??
>
> I've used
> call package_a.function_a('para A', 'para B', 0, 'para
C', 'para D');

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=8047&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=9376 Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 15:52:44 CST