Re: Please help with OEM configuration

From: Mark Townsend <mtownsen_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:01:15 -0800

OraFan wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I have installed Oracle Enterprise Manager (The latest one) under WinNT,
> during installation everthing went fine, including creation of repository
> for the administrator - However when I try to log in to Enterprise Manager
> to get to the console it does not except my userid and password which was
> created during installation - the error the I get is " Invalid log in
> credentials" no error code etc.
> I dropped the repository and recreated it with a new useid and password,
> still give the same error, I made sure that the server manager is started in
> the service, I even installed OEM on another machine under WinNT W/Station
> and linked it to the Oracle8I server on WinNT - again the installation went
> fine but at the time of log in it gave the same error - Thru other other
> machin which also has an earlier OEM installed I checked the database
> sessions history on the oracle8i server and which indicates that I do log in
> to server manager repsitory successfully during attempting to log in to OEM
> 2.0 but some how it does not let me in
>
> Can you guy please advise me how to reslove this issue -
>
> I very much appreciate your time
>
> Tks
>
> Farj

Try sysman/oem_temp as the username/password. OEM 2 manages it's own username and password, which is NOT the same as the username and password you create the repository with during install. --
Regards,

Mark Townsend

Senior Product Manager				Ph: 	(650) 633 5764
Server Division					Fx: 	(650) 506 7222
Oracle Corporation				Email:	mtownsen_at_us.oracle.com