Re: Downloading Personal Oracle for Windows 98

From: Paul Ashfield <pashfield_at_bigfoot.com.no_spam_thanks>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:21:40 -0000

Hi,
I'm in a similar situation to SJ, Personal oracle sounds like just the thing, but where can I download it from? http://technet.oracle.com/software/products.htm only has Oracle 8i Lite for 95/98, I must have been round the entire site but I can't find the download link for Personal, it's beginning to do my head in.

All help appreciated,
Best wishes,
Paul Ashfield.

Roger Bowden <roger_at_nomads.swinternet.co.uk> wrote in message news:80pn12$gll$1_at_news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I have Personal Oracle 8.0.4 running on my Pentium PII 400, 128Mb RAM,
> archivelog mode and a database of around 350 Mb.
> It runs OK but is a bit slower than the one at work on the Alpha.
> I use it for training myself for the OCP exams and any stuff I can't get
> do at work.
> It installed easily and is easy to run. One thing is that Enterprise
Manager
> doesn't seem to be able to see it. I don't know why.
> Officially there is very little difference between Personal Oracle and the
> Enterprise edition (?? how true I don't know) but I would suggest for
> "proper databases" you should get the Enterprise edition for NT.
>
> As another point I also run NT on this machine. I bought System Commander
> Deluxe, very similar to Partition Magic, which allows the installing of
> multiple OS's on the same machine with a minimum of fuss. Very easy to use
> (Read The Book !) and recommended if you don't have too much knowledge ,
> like me.
>
> Hope you get on OK,
> Regards Roger :-)
>

> saji john <sajijohn_at_netcom.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I want to know how I can download Personal Oracle and Developer 2000. I
> have
> > Windows 98 2nd edition on my machine. Is it possible to run Oracle on
Win