Year 2000 problem with SQL *Net?

From: DistressedCanadian <beck4353NObeSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:36:16 -0800

I am accessing an Oracle7 Database through SQL *Net. When I run a query to get all results between yesterday and christmas, I get results from yesterday and today. When I do the same query with an end date of christmas 2000, I get no results at all.

We are storing dates in the form 'DD-MMM-YY'

Is there some command to enter to get the date of 00 to be recognized? When I try usin '2000' I get an error, so it must be in 2 digit format.