Re: Forms 5.0/Primary key

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:31:08 +1100

Henrik,

Setting Primary Key on one or more base table items ensures uniqueness of entered value/s when you attempt to navigate from a record. Without it, the uniqueness check is deferred until commit, at which time you will get a more obscure database integrity constraint error (due to your unique index). Primary Key therefore couples the form closer to the database.