Re: Very Urgent: Strange behaviour of triggers

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:32:07 GMT

Hi.

  1. Try to comment part of trigger source.
  2. Recompile it.
  3. If problem still exists then comment another part else remove comment from part of commented lines.
  4. Repeat from step 2 . etc...

 Sorry, but I think it will be easier to pinpoint the problem that way.

 HTH. Michael.

In article <1lgY3.1554$lZ.78061_at_news2-hme0>,   "Michael Duffy" <duffym_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Database: Oracle 7.3.4 on NT
>
> I am trying to create a series of triggers on a development server on
> customer site.
> These have just been created successfully on the test server.
>
> The triggers copy data from one schema to another. The tables in both
> schemas are identical.
>
> When I run the triggers on the dev server I get a compilation error.
When I
> say show errors,
> the 'no errors' message is reported back.
>
> I have tried dropping the triggers and recreating them, and also
dropping
> and recreating the public synonyms, but I still get the same error.
> As a last resort, even the server was rebooted, again to no avail.
>
> Does anyone know what the likely cause of this problem is, and more
> importantly, what can be done to rectify the situation.
>
> Keith Jamieson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 14:32:07 CST