Re: Oracle 8.x Parallel Server on Sun cluster performance question

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:42:39 -0800

Tom

This is always a tough one, because you have no way to measure the pinging impact outside of Production. Can you tell us more about the way the data will be used? Is it active-standby or active-active for example?

At a high level, I think your problems are probably going to be the other way round from what you're thinking, though. If an application is not designed for OPS use, the likelihood is more of a performance hit because of pinging with OPS. This is one of the things that is reduced with Cache Fusion, but that doesn't yet handle the write-write scenario.

HTH. Pete