PLSQL Character Support

From: Tim Stokes <tim_at_globaldirectories.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:44:59 +1100

Hi,
I'm running a web site using Oracle database 7.3.2, and webserver 2.1 (ancient - I know). The site needs to support characters in the European languages, eg "ó", with an ascii value over dec. 128.

The actual database stores these characters properly, and any database queries in sql plus display the characters correctly. Also, static html pages display correctly. However, if the characters are displayed on a web page using a pl/sql procedure, then any characters over an ascii value of dec. 128 are displayed incorrectly. Eg. "ó" becomes "s". I have tried creating a DCD with different character sets, but none seem to have any effect.

Any suggestions? Thanks. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 21:44:59 CST