Re: NT Services and system account

From: Christopher Payne <crpayne_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:37:38 GMT

Do you have the Oracle service running under a local or domain account? If you have a domain, use a domain account. Hopefully both machines are in the same domain. You can check by going to Control Panel > Network > Identification. If they are in different domains, talk to your NT admins about trusts. If they are not in a domain, then ensure the account you created exists on both machines, and has the same password. Both are case-sensitive.

Also, mapped drive letters are only accessible to the interactive user. Services cannot get to them. Try to use the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path to the file. Assuming that you have J: mapped to sharename Share1 on Server1, the UNC path is \\Server1\share1 If the target share is on an NTFS partition, ensure the account that your Oracles service is running under has permissions at the file-system level.

--
Christopher Payne, MCSE