ORACLE 8.0.5 PL/SQL and external processes

From: <gregk72_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:53:54 GMT

Is is possible to start an external process from PL/SQL?

I ask because we have an Oracle Job which moves some data from one database to another. We then have some java code which does some additional manipulation of the data. We would like to have the PL/SQL code which is scheduled in the Oracle job scheduler to start the java process once all the data has been moved.

Is this possible?

thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 17:53:54 CST