Re: Please help with this trigger

From: Andy <abruskoNOabSPAM_at_binney-smith.com.invalid>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 05:46:22 -0800

Michel,

Thank you for the response. I made the changes that you suggested and it helped correct those problems, but I am now getting the following errors when I try to compile the trigger:

SQL> create or replace trigger update_supplier   2 before insert or delete or update on frt.supplier_master   3 for each row
  4 begin
  5 if inserting then
  6 insert into frt.supplier (abv, supplier, customer, code, division)
  7 values (:new.abv, :new.customer_vendor,
:new.customer_vendor_no,

  8                  :new.code, :new.division);
  9    elsif deleting then
 10       delete from frt.supplier where abv = :old.abv;
 11    elsif updating then
 12       update frt.supplier set abv = :new.abv, supplier =

:new.customer_vendor,
13 customer = :new.customer_vendor_no, code = :new.code, division = :new.division 14 where abv = :old.abv;

 15 end if;
 16 end;
 17 /

Warning: Trigger created with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors;
Errors for TRIGGER UPDATE_SUPPLIER:

LINE/COL ERROR

3/6      PLS-00201: identifier 'SUPPLIER' must be declared
3/6      PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
7/6      PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
7/18     PLS-00201: identifier 'FRT.SUPPLIER' must be declared
9/6      PLS-00201: identifier 'SUPPLIER' must be declared
9/6      PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

Do you know what is causing these...thanks again! Andy