WebDB can't connect

From: Michael Rothwell <marothwell_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:50:35 -0800

I just installed WebDb 2.1.0.9.3 on an NT 4.0 SP5 machine running a local 8.1.5 database.

I can connect to the DB fine from other tools. When I look at Services, it shows that the WebDB Listener is running.

Trying to access the default page I get the following message:

  The connection timed out. The server could be down, unreachable,   or is not responding. If you are unable to connect again later, contact
  the server's administrator.

The browser status line says that the host has been "contacted. Waiting for reply"

Here is a copy of the listener log file:

It appears the it's trying to start ( even though the services panel says it's running ). But when I cycle the server, it writes the (errno 0) message which leads me to believe that it never actually started.

I'll also include my wdbsvr.app file:

;

[WVGATEWAY]
;timingsTable =

defaultDAD = WebDB
administrators = all
adminPath = /admin_/
;debugModules =
;timingsModules =
;

[DAD_WebDB]
connect_string = mypc
password = webdb
username = webdb
default_page = WEBDB.home

document_table   =  WEBDB.wwv_document
document_path   =  docs
document_proc   =  WEBDB.wwv_testdoc.process_download

;name_prefix =

reuse = Yes
connmax = 4
;

Thank you for any help

Michael Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 18:50:35 CST