Re: Timezone change for Query

From: <sbenitez_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:31:11 GMT

The only way I would know how to do it is you have to know your offset from GMT and do some sort of date/time conversion. We have this same problem, with trains crossing multiple time zones and tracking these trains in the correct time zone as the person looking at it. The only way we can do it is by storing the offset in a lookup table along with the user, and do our conversion from there. The procs which display the reports also make a call to a function that check if we are in daylight savings or not. Not the most pretty way, but it's effective.

In article <38300EDE.383A7A5_at_eurowings.de>,   Thorsten Lau <lau_at_eurowings.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a nasty Problem.
> I need to select rows from a table, that has date-fields in UTC( or
> GMT), but I need do display it in local time.
> Does anyone has an idea??
>
> Thanks,
> Thorsten
> --
> Thorsten Lau | mailto:lau_at_eurowings.de
> Eurowings AG | IT
> Telefon | +49 231 9245 7624

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 13:31:11 CST