Re: Pro*C and Oracle 8i, fetch coredumps

From: kiel <kiel_at_webpre.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:47:40 -0800

Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, I agree, that that would be nicer code. However I am dealing with a bunch of existing programs which have to be migrated over to a new system, and we were told that "All you'll need to do is recompile". And I guess we would prefer doing that instead of rewriting a bunch of programs the original author of which has long moved on to brighter pastures.
But if that's what we have to do, that's what we will do. My intention was to narrow down, if it is an issue with the C program, or with the database installation. (The latter is not totally unwarranted, even sqlplus would core dump on me under certain conditions, until the DBA installed a patch from Oracle support). So if anyone running 8i would be able to reproduce the core dump, I would know that it's not the DBA's fault.

Thanks

   Christian