Re: Pro C and PLSQL problem.

From: paul cluiss <paul_cluiss_at_intervoice.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:50:48 -0600

Joe,

I would be happy to look at the code if you would be so kind as to condense it to a form which includes only the essentials, prefereably something which I can run on my system (HP Unix) w/out much setup. I realize this means a bit of work on your part, but let me assure you that I've done this many times myself, and I realize that sometimes it's the only way to get someone else to help you because your problem seems pretty obscure. Sometimes doing this will even enable you to discover the problem yourself. Let me know when you've got a minimal sample packaged which exhibits the problem, and I'm sure you'll get at least five people to take a look.

In the meantime, have you tried testing the stored procedure from a PL/SQL script, thereby eliminating the Pro-C program from consideration? If you can reproduce the problem from SQLPlus that would be a major finding. Also, take a look at your exception handlers. You could be getting an exception and not handling it very well. That happened to me once; My program didn't hang, but it just died w/out notice.

Paul Cluiss
Dallas, Texas