Re: Oracle 8 SQL PLUS : connect string ?

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 15 Nov 1999 11:19:17 GMT

Undercat <eole_at_mail.dotcom.fr> skrev i artiklen <zvRX3.697$fJ7.3882106_at_nnrp3.proxad.net>...
> i've just installed Oracle 8 Trial eval for NT on my computer, and when i
> launch sql plus after the username / password (scott / tiger for the
sample
> base) there's a field : "connect string : " and i don't know what to put
in
> there...
> An idea ?

You need to make a database alias also called Database Service You can do that using Net8 Easy config. Give your alias any name and choose Bequeath. Your SID is probably ORCL.
Net8 Easy Config writes to a file called tnsnames.ora. Give the alias as connect string in sql plus.

Peter Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 05:19:17 CST