Transaction Isolation Level Serializable Problems

From: Aamer Janjua <janjua_at_cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:24:55 +0000

Hi All

     We are using an application written in ProC and it uses

   SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE   As it is a Warehouse house application. We are having some serious locking problems as this is a very active database with a lot of DML statements. These transactions are failing also.

   I have read about Serializable in oracle manuals but we require much more information on it .

  Anyone with some experience of these problems and any pointers will be highly appreciated

  Thanks

 Aamer Janjua Received on Sun Nov 14 1999 - 13:24:55 CST