Connect to Oracle 8 thru MS Proxy

From: Treff <btreff_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:33:29 GMT

Our client machines cannot connect to our Oracle 8 databases when Winsock Proxy (MS Proxy 2.0) is enabled on the client machine (we have to have this enabled to receive our email). I can ping (not tnsping) the server on which the Oracle instances reside, but whenever I try to establish a connection via Oracle (SQL Plus, SQL Worksheet, etc.), I get the standard Oracle error message "TNS:could not resolve service name". When winsock proxy is disabled, I have no problems. Any ideas on how to make these two work in harmony? Settings on the Oracle Server? Settings on the proxy server? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Brian Treff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 16:33:29 CST